Newton, NH Fire Department Mission
To position the Town of Newton Fire Department to provide the best fire and ems services the town deserves and to create a predictable and sustainable future by proactive leadership and sound management policies.
- We will strive to be role models in the community and leaders in our profession.
- We will be accountable to those we serve, each other and any fire service organizations we interact with.
- We are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
- We will take the Fire Department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communication, and participative decision-making throughout the organization.
- We are committed to our core values, mission, and dedicated to our fire service profession.
- Our organization is driven to provide a cost-effective and efficient Fire Department while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission, and achieving our goals.
The enormous commitment necessary to perform the Department's tasks requires excellence of character. We inspire each other through pride in our unit, which is a belief that every action reflects on all the members of the unit, both past and present.
Courage is the foundation of our character. Bravery is the ability to overcome fear through fortitude, instinct, compassion for others and training.
A commitment to the objectives of our mission is an essential part of our code of conduct. The faithful observance of duty calls for us to fulfill our obligations professionally and honestly.
We strive to keep our citizens free from danger, especially deliberate, harmful acts. With the best equipment and training, the Department can reduce the risk to the public and its members at fires, emergencies and medical incidents.
By combining all of the components of our core values, the Newton Fire Department will maintain its constant state of readiness to meet all threats and challenges, traditional and new.
Fire Chief John R. Alcaidinho